Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tonight at the Bonfire

What a good evening! It's so relaxing sitting around the fire, hanging out with people and eating s'mores... I also enjoyed the little bit of time some of us spent singing, in english. All the singing I get is at church (other than my own singing to myself and Carter at home...) and that's in spanish. I do love singing in spanish but there is something to be said for singing praise songs in your own language.

Dallas is still out at the fire. The curfew for the dorm students is 11 pm so he's going to stay out and "supervise" the flirting :D I came in with the boys around 10 pm, they love being outside. Hopefully they sleep in a bit tommorow!! Here's a few pic's of the work and the evening.

Everett and Dallas building a picnic bench (the school has a shop here on campus). Everett is one of Dallas' classmates.
This is the 'thing' they were using to dig the holes to put the benches into. Here Dallas is working with Bill, another classmate. And there's Carter, too.

The start of the fire this evening. You can see the new benches built around the firepit, and one of the picnic tables in the background. It turned out really nice!! I'm sure we'll have one more fire next weekend so our class gets some use out of it yet. The firepit was made this year also by Dallas and a couple of other guys.

Carter roasting his marshmallows for a s'more.

Finally starting to get darker outside. The weather was still almost 30 degrees C all evening.

3 comments:

  1. The fire pit and benches look wonderful. Now I know what project I may get done when my handyman is home over the summer??? Mom & Dad W

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my eyes, Carter will always be a wonderfully innocent kid. I get to miss him not try and put him to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...