Monday, August 15, 2011

1st day at the "hat" school

When we picked Carter up from school this afternoon he was going on and on, telling me about his day, and then he says "but I couldn't find the hat!".

The school's called "Lincoln School"...after Abraham Lincoln and the picture on the website is of him in his tall hat so I guess Carter was thinking he'd see that.

but anyways, Carter was happy to go to school this morning, Dallas dropped him off, they got there a few minutes late b/c one road was closed on the way so when they got there the class was already lined up and singing. Carter had to get in line right aways so Dallas just left...he said Carter was quiet but Carter seems to have had a great day and he says he likes the school. He was much more relaxed this morning before going than he was starting his 1st day last year {1st day of school ever} and he stayed no problem when he was dropped off.

I got the boys to pose in Carter's uniforms, Logan of course wanted to wear it too. We have 2 sets of each shirt. This white shirt he'll wear with any jeans on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.


This blue shirt and blue sweats he wears Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

 '
And a sweater for when it gets cold {which it will after about October}.


He has school this year from 8:15-1:30. It takes 15-20 min to get there so we leave the house about 7:50 which means he has to get up about 7:15. I think it's harder on me than on him!! the early mornings I mean...since I'm not the most morning person there is.

This year is "regular" kindergarten for him...I think I mentioned last year that Mexico has 3 years of kindergarten, from ages 3-5. He's turning 5 this year and so he's now in the 3rd year of kindergarten, although we never put him in the 1st year since that is more optional.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that it was a positive day at the "hat" school.
    Way to go Carter!
    Love Grandpa & Grandma W

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...