Friday, August 12, 2011

Question: How's it feel to be the mother of 3 already?? Any tips?

This question came from a friend who's expecting her first baby in a couple of months! So how do I feel about already being a mother of 3??


Somedays it feels chaotic, like I am just keeping them out of each other's hair, telling them to behave, not to hit, not to whine, to say please, to clean up their dishes, etc etc. The days that feel chaotic usually have to do with the days where 1 or more of the boys didn't have a good sleep or a good nap......

or Dallas or I didn't have a good sleep :-)

And sometimes I really do wish I had a whole day or week to myself, to do things on my schedule, to eat when I wanted, to get up when I wanted...


But I would not trade it for even that!! I do like my space sometimes, I'm not the type to always like my kids hanging on to me and being with me 24/7. But I cannot also imagine life without these 3 boys, they are just awesome.

Carter and Logan play so well together, most of the time, they'll spend an hour or more sometimes in their room playing with their toys and actually playing together, making their animals or trains or cars have conversations etc. Brady is starting to want to play with them, too, he can pull himself up on their train table and cause havoc now. Which usually is not so bad even.

I feel privaleged to be these kids mom, to have them like me, want me to play with them, to be able to teach them about God, to be able to cook with them, ride bike with them...

And the "already" part? Well in Canada it's not so strange to have 3 kids at age 29. But in Mexico from what we've seen...it's a little more unlikely. So here I feel younger than I am {since I sure do look it} which makes it feel like I shouldn't have 3 kids according to the way other people see me...but such it us and hey, it's only for a while that they're all so young and need this much attention.

right??? :-)

ANY TIPS??

don't ask me this! I could go on and on...but I don't want to just spout my opinions on here since people have different styles of parenting!! But I've got plenty of tips on getting your kids to sleep through the night early, to listen to you {at least start to learn to listen to you}, what kind of baby stuff to buy...but I'll leave those for specific tips when asked for them. I think I'm safer that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...