Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hope

This morning at ladies Bible study, as we watched the video of Beth Moore speaking on Esther, she mentioned Jeremiah 29:11...which says...

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

And I was reminded of something that happened back in grade 12...our youth was at Providence College for some kind of event and the speaker mentioned this verse and did a little study on it. And it hit me...I had heard this verse I'm sure in my life before but at that moment a huge light bulb went on and it was cool to be reminded of it this morning!

I was starting to think of what to do after grade 12, and I really struggled and struggled with it. I still didn't feel settled in Canada after having lived there only 5 years and I really wanted to be back in Paraguay where I had grown up as a missionary kid. And all of these conflicting feelings were there and I remember this verse just STUCK out to me like a sore thumb. And I began to feel a PEACE after that...still took a couple more years for me to figure out what to do with myself (as my parents and brothers probaly well remember!!) but that was the beginning of feeling that freedom in Christ...to let go of the things I was hanging on to...the plans I wanted to make...and to trust in the plans that GOD had for my life.

Just thought this might encourage someone out there, as I was encouraged again today as I thought of it. It's encouraging to look back and see God's hand in your life and to see that in fact....GOD IS TRUSTWORTHY!! So thankful for that peace he gave me those years ago and that since then, I have continued to have that peace no matter what we've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...