Brady is just about 1 year and 10 months old...he'll be 2 in August. He's been in his playpen till now for sleeping, with no plans on our part of move him out of it.
Carter and Logan were already into single beds at about 18 mths old...1 year and 6 mths...but they both had beds with railings, where as we don't have one for Brady.
But well...his playpen was quite disgustingly dirty already, especially all around the top where he puts his hands and chews on it when he's waiting for us to get him out of bed. So this morning I was scrubbing his stroller, a chair, and decided to also do the playpen. And then I thought, why am I giving it a good scrubbing now when he'll use it for another couple of months or who knows how long, only to scrub it again....
So we decided to just take him out of the playpen and move him to a bed.
And then the thought crossed my mind that this could mean we'll never use a playpen or crib again for our kids.....and our babies are gone...sniff sniff...and I mentioned it to Dallas, do we really want to?? and he just rolled his eyes at me.....and I decided, well I just won't think about it and just put him into a bed :-) good way of dealing with it eh!? It doesn't make him any younger keeping him in a crib anyways.
So, we took the extra single mattress we bought a bit ago and wedged it in his room {the guest room} between the wall and the guest bed. This boy is a mooooooooover and we really couldn't imagine him not falling out of a bed less than 20 times in one night. He does think it's a big joke though to climb onto the guest bed so we'll see where he actually ends up sleeping...
He screamed for a couple of minutes when we put him to bed this evening but after that has been quiet...so once it's been quiet for a good hour I'll go check where he actually is!
That's babies for you - one delightful, crazy year or so and then they are gone and you want another one! I think the good things are much easier to remember than the hard stuff, though, so maybe when you start feeling sad you can remember the sleepless nights and the total dependance and feel better :).
ReplyDeleteI remember last year there was a comment about adoption and a baby girl?? ;) Maybe the babies aren't done yet!
ReplyDelete