Sunday, July 8, 2012

summers

Last night I was lying awake in bed for what seemed like forever. A few days ago Logan started to have a mouth full of white sores and then yesterday Brady got the same thing...but worse...more patches, bigger patches, with a fever...so I took him to the dr and found out they have a virus. It needs to clear up mostly on it's own but it will take awhile.

Meanwhile, Brady is pretty miserable. Logan is starting to get better and is finally eating after 3 days of living on water, drinkable yoghurt, and banana milkshakes. Now Brady is doing the same. And Carter is complaining of sore ears and throat...sore throat is another symptom of this virus. It's got me tired out already! And we are busy busy trying to get ready for VBS which starts tomorrow and what will we do with especially Brady who is still miserable and highly contagious when we are at VBS??

All that to say why I was lying awake last night. Couldn't fall asleep. Then my throat started to hurt also but I would say it's a cold I woke up with.

Anyways, while I was lying there I got to thinking about why I have been feeling so RESTLESS this summer. For the past month or so I've been antsy and restless and feeling like the summer is blah {these thoughts were before we found out our parents and friends were coming to visit this summer!! We are all super excited for both of those}. But...this summer just felt...different...for some reason.

and it hit me that this is the 1st summer that will be "normal" and "settled" in about 5 years! oh my...

summer 2008 - moved all the way down to Texas to study Spanish
summer 2009 - finished in Texas, spent a quick and busy 2 mths in Manitoba saying good-bye, then moved all the way down to Mexico
summer 2010 - had a baby...Brady was born and my mom came for 3 wks
summer 2011 - left northern Mexico and moved down to southern Mexico

have not had a "regular summer holiday time" in years!

Understanding why I was feeling restless for some reason has made me feel a lot more at peace. Maybe b/c I was starting to wonder if I was losing my contentment and I did not want that! And now I realize it's probably more so that I was used to something more major happening every year...like a move to another country...and it just may be nice to experience a summer with the kids and family/friends coming and friends here and life and focusing on sharing life and God with others here...

Now here's to hoping for sanity for this day with these sick boys of mine and VBS prep to do yet! Dallas took Carter and Logan to church with him and I am here at home with Brady...who amazingly is not crying and miserable right now but is drawing on his art easle.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dallas and Tara. We love reading your updates. We'll be praying for Vbs this week and for good health. Can't wait to come see you guys!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...