Wednesday, October 24, 2012

an eye wrinkle

Welll......
Logan didn't end up having an eye exam. He reacted how we kind of expected him to, where he just sits still and looks at the floor and refuses to look up. Totally quiet though. So, that's fine. The eye dr. said try again in a year, he'll only be 4.5 then, so if he does have an eye problem that's still early enough that we can work with it.

Anyways, I also had an eye check-up. And....he right aways asked me if I had rubbed my eye really hard or something. And I DID. Last week, during the night I woke up rubbing my eye like crazy, the eye that had the laser surgery. And I stopped as soon as I realized what I was doing.

But I guess it did some damage. Which surprises me b/c it's already been 6 weeks since the surgery. Anyway, I have a wrinkle on the edge of the flap that they cut in your eye when they do the surgery. It's complicated to explain, but pretty much for the laser surgery they cut off a top layer of your cornea (leaving part of it attached, like a hinge) and lift it up to do the laser underneath. And then they lay down the top layer again and it has to seal back to your eye.

Well mine has been healing really well but I guess I dislodge the outer edge on one corner. I was like, oh no, another surgery. But he said that b/c it is on the outer edge (which is above my iris, the blue part of my eye), it doesn't affect my vision. Which it doesn't...my vision is still really good. So it needs to heal over, although the wrinkle will stay there. Not that you can see it just with the human eye :-)

I need to be careful with it this next week so it'll heal down again....but he did not seem worried about it all but he had to tell me it was there. Which I'm grateful for. This eye dr. has been so honest with us and we really like that. From my internet research this all makes sense too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...