....till we will be flying through the air headed north. So surreal in a way, this life seems normal and it's hard to imagine "that" life. It really is different. And then once you're there, in Canada, "that" life seems normal and this life is hard to imagine. It's hard to explain. If you've lived somewhere else, with another culture...you may know what I mean.
These next 2 weeks though, are busy! With good things, but still busy. We feel pretty relaxed though with what we need to get done before we go, in terms of being ready to go, for the most part. I think we will be working more evenings at home doing prep since our days are full but such is life as it is right now. At least after the boys are in bed.
We have coming up, between Dallas and I...
...times with our team...breakfast meeting and other meeting.
...times with families from the boys school...lunch date and whole day convivio/get together to say good-bye to Carter and Logan
...baptism on Sunday...2 are getting baptized!
...final English class to prep and teach this week.
...ladies Bible study to attend.
...physio appointments for me a couple of times a week.
...parent/teacher interviews.
...counseling with a friend.
...Bible study prep and Bible studies.
...church community outreach on Wed (it's a holiday here!).
...babysitting LeRoy & Faith's kids so they can have a date before we go....we like to trade off and help each other out that way.
...packing.
...prep for Abundant Springs youth convention which will be the first weekend we are back in Canada.
...and other things thrown in there...
Good stuff to do and great people to be with.
So thankful that our boys are flexible and that they accept our life here and see the value in it, and it's important also that we take the time to spend just with them!
It's also important to take the time to rest and be with God even when you feel busier...that is sometimes harder to do...but you can't just go, go, go, without pausing. Sometimes people say, well once this season of busy-ness is over, then I'll pause and be able to breathe. Well, I think you need to learn to pause and breathe during the times of busy-ness. Take bits of time to be with God, go outside, or to do whatever it is that allows you that time.
I really may not be so great at that :-) I have a hard time turning my mind off, if nothing else, but try to as it keeps you focused on the reason you do the things that make you busy in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment