Thursday, May 22, 2014

Late Night Biker

 It's Thursday night and I sit here alone...

This happens two nights a week, as Dallas is part of a group of guys that go biking at 9:00 pm till about midnight! Every Tuesday and Thursday night, they bike all over the city, doing more km's than I would choose to do in several times of biking, but Dallas as we all know, loves biking.


The Tuesday night one is a group that is organized by a biking organization here. They also do one on Thursday nights, but that one is a slower ride and more of a leisurely bike ride. So Dallas started going to the Tuesday night one, which is a group of about 30-50 people that go at a faster pace.

Out of this Tuesday night group, a group of them decided to also start a group for Thursday nights. So there are about 12 of them in this group, and this is third week they've gone out together. This group goes at a faster pace than the Tuesday one yet.

This is one way that Dallas gets to know new people and it has been a good way for him! It's late at night, but it's when guys are free from work and can be out and about, so it's when he goes out with them also.

He was happy to become part of the smaller group on Thursdays also because it's easier to get to know people in a smaller group and you can get deeper in your conversations over time that way. So we will see how it goes and who we all meet through this! So far he likes it....and they stop at OXXO {like a 7-11} most nights and he gets his weekly dose of magnum ice-cream bar so all is good.

Me? Well, I really don't mind a couple late evenings alone! ha. I am a bit of a night owl and Dallas generally likes to go to bed earlier, but this way since he is out till almost midnight I get my late nights :-) Although it does run me down over time getting to bed late several weeks in a row, as despite not being a morning person, I must be up to get my kids off to school and do everything else that happens here in the mornings.

And Tuesday nights I generally spend prepping my English class for Wednesday morning, so that's a good time for me to {try to} focus on that.

So right now I will get out a book, clean up the kitchen a little, and relax! I do have a bit of a flu today so you never know, I may end up in bed before Dallas even gets home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...