Sunday, January 25, 2015

A paper and a paintbrush

 I have always loved art...painting, pencil drawing....that kind of thing. My mom and I used to do folk art painting together and it was always a lot of fun. Pencil drawing I never practiced long enough to improve it but it's something I've always wanted to practice more.

Since moving here though, I have not done any of it!! That was one of my goals on my Birthday List {32} but it didn't happen.

This week though, a friend, Karen, that goes to the missionary ladies Bible study I'm a part of and also a son in Carter's class at school, invited our group to come paint at her house.

She had hired a painter to come and teach a 2 hour class, just for fun.

So myself and one of the other missionary ladies went, and a mom from the school, and 2 other ladies that were friends of Karen's.

And we got our painting on!



We all followed along step by step as the teacher showed us what to do.

All of our background were the same, but each person did the tree a su estilo. Their way, according to their style.

So it was neat to see how they all turned out a little differently....

Like each one of us is unique, even though we have the same Creator/teacher!

I did find it interesting that at this evening, between the 6 of us there, we represented 4 different cultures! I love the mixing of cultures and the richness that brings. Some find it difficult to interact with people that are not like them, but I find it interesting to observe and learn about what makes each person tick.


So, I had my fun evening out {sans kids! what a rarity} and got a little creative juice flowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...