Here in Mexico, when a girl turns 15, it's the "big" birthday. Maybe comparable to Sweet Sixteen or to turning 18, but this is much bigger yet. The girl in this party had a fairly simple dress, as often the dresses are like wedding dresses (in different colors) and can cost just as much. But the party was beautiful and a lot of fun to be at!
We are friends of the family of this girl, having met her parents but not her. Her aunt and uncle, some of our best friends here in Gdl, had asked me to make a cake and cupcakes as they were in charge of putting together a dessert table. So then we were also invited to the party.
It ended up being a little crazy, as Dallas went away, so I had the boys to take care of plus get this all ready. But I think I thrive under a bit of craziness ;) I had no power the morning of the party, so I took everything to the party (already baked) to decorate there, which ended up being a good thing as the boys could run around with their friends and let me do my thing!
| The parents of my friend |
I let Brady take some pictures of the event since he is fine with going up to random people and taking pictures of them :) Most parties here have people hired to serve drinks and food, this was the drink cart.
These 2 girls are the daughter of our friends, one is in Carter's grade and one is in Logan's grade. Our boys often don't enjoy playing with girls (they're more the run and play with cars type) but they are super good friends with these 2. They even play house with them.
And Brady loves their older brother, who lets him play on his iphone.
No comments:
Post a Comment