So last weekend I had a birthday, and turned 34.
I love the age I am right now, so birthdays are just a fun thing! This stage of life is feeling really good. Dallas and I are enjoying each other, our kids, life as a family, and are enjoying Guadalajara and the ministry God has given us. Life has it's ups and downs, no doubt, and we are no exception. There are difficult things to process and deal with, but when I look at the overall picture, I am thankful.
My birthday was on Friday, so since we always meet that night for Bible study, Dallas and the boys went and picked up a birthday cake. One of the other families also brought one so we were sweetened up well!
The above pic. was with the first cake, before the rest arrived. Our friend and neighbour to the left of me in the picture came to Bible study for the first time and we were excited to have her ask if she can join every week from now on! She has been a good friend, as has her whole family.
The next day, Saturday....Dallas was away in the morning but then, as per our family tradition, Dallas and the boys planned an outing for me. So we went out for the rest of the day and had some good family time.
And then....Superbowl...
Not for my b'day. But I can make it about that if I want right ;) In the morning we had our cell group meeting, so another cake together... and then several hung out for the afternoon and into the evening until the game was over. Some of Paulina's youth friends also came for the game, we love that they are comfortable enough to come over to our home.
I spent a large portion of the game playing with kids and taking pictures....
The other tradition amongst groups of female friends here, at least with those we are connected with, is going out for birthday breakfasts. Last week I had a breakfast with moms from Brady's class, another with moms from Logan's class (for all the moms that had b'days in January/February), another one this morning with moms from Carter's class, and another next week yet for my b'day with ladies in our neighbourhood.
In each of the boy's grades, there is a smaller group of moms that I am closer to and so those are often the ones that get together. There is the smaller circle of close-knit friends...then the larger circle of moms that get along and like to get together occasionally...and then the whole group of moms from the grade. I'm sure this is any school, no matter where you are! The reality here is played out in lots of get togethers with all of the different groups.
So anyways...I'm sure I am just explaining things you already know. This morning's breakfast was with this group of moms that I have known since we moved to Gdl...and whose families/husbands we get together with also. This morning two asked if I would be willing to start a Bible class for their kids, just once a month or so! So great.
I love this restaurant. It's in a greenhouse, and the birthday person gets a free plant.
Ok, the b'day post is done. This has nothing to do with my birthday, other than perhaps being justification for being a t-shirt. Picked this shirt up the other day. Anyone who knows anything about me at least knows I'm a coffee-holic.
And some sweet pis of Carter and Logan doing their reading homework one afternoon.








No comments:
Post a Comment