I have had to laugh recently as well as wonder about something that I have been hearing...
What will your husband say?? Don't call him!
I have had 3 different friends in the last year say this to me. Each time it has been in response to something I have done (or thought I had done!), and they immediately assume your husband will get angry so you better not tell him.
What am I talking about? ok, here are the examples of things I have done...and keep in mind that this has been over the last year! I'm not prone to vehicle problems ;)
1. I was driving our van and a friend was with me, as we were on our way to another friend's house for breakfast. I had to turn around at the end of a narrow street, with houses right on the street, and I accidentally backed into the corner of a wall and put a dent in the back of the van. For the record, I barely hit it and there is just a line in the paint on the bumper. But the first thing out of my friend's mouth was "I hope your husband won't be too angry with you!!" She then went on to try and figure out how we could fix it before he saw it.
2. The second one was just in the last month. I was driving our van with another friend when we were pulled over the by transit cops. I hadn't done anything, but we were missing a sticker on our window that shows your registration, I couldn't find the registration paper in the van, and I ended up having to pay a fine.... Long story short, my friend again says "What will your husband say?? Let me talk to him and calm him down before you have to talk to him".
3. The third example is from yesterday. I was at the kindergarten all morning with Brady for a mini-Olympics event and as were ready to leave, I couldn't find the keys for the van. I searched everywhere in my purse, even going back to the school to search the area. My friend was with me looking the whole time. I said I would just call Dallas to come, as he had another set of keys. "No way! What will he say that you lost the keys?! I will drive you home to get the keys so that we don't have to bother him". In the end I found the keys in the abyss that is my purse (between the liner that had torn).
All of these comments make me laugh a little, but then I realize that it's because I have a super husband who isn't bothered by these things. He does roll his eyes at me and say "Tara...." but he doesn't get angry about things like this. I know he doesn't think it's awesome that these things happened, but I never decide not to call him or tell him because of fear.
I wonder if this is cultural and has to do with husband/wife relations here or if it has to do with specific marriages anywhere. In general, we have observed that there is less trust in marriages here, and this carries over into many aspects of marriage.
But it's something to ponder and learn more about.
The picture of the friend above is a great friend though, and Dallas has recently gotten to know her husband and we have enjoyed getting to know them as a family. Her son is Brady's best friend also.
At the event yesterday, the kids had to do all kinds of races. Here Brady is ready to run, and you can see his teacher behind him laughing about his pose :)





No comments:
Post a Comment