And then I'll usually get a good morning or some random comment from him.
The day continues with a hundred words a minute coming at me from all 3 boys. Yes, they speak to me even before I've had my first cup of coffee. Oh, what brave children I have!! Dallas has long seen that important conversations are best left until I've been awake at least an hour.
But regardless of the time of day, I do love having the boys talking all the time! They have the most interesting conversations and I learn a lot about what goes on in their minds just be listening to them talk amongst each other.
This evening we also had some "sharing" time as a family, as we watched Masterchef and had to pause it every five minutes to let it download some more. During each pause, we took turns asking each other in the family questions that we all had to answer.
Would you rather be an elephant or a turtle?
Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?
Would you rather sleep in a tent or a cabin?
What's your favorite thing that happened this year?
What's something you like about yourself? (no hesitation here, their answers were that I'm handsome, I'm crazy, and I'm awesome)
What's something you would change or do differently that you did this year?
So there's the kids talking to me all day.
And then there's Dallas. Last night at 10 pm he handed in his last big assignment for the class he's currently taking, a class that is so interesting (to me as well as I hear about it! all about the brain and it's connection to our emotions and behaviors) but a class that also has taken more time with homework. So today we had more time to talk and hang out together, which was nice!
Oh yes, and Jack the cat, meowing to go out.
Today this verse became a focus and an encouragement for me.
Other people that "spoke" to me today, in person, via Whatsapp, etc.......a lawyer, several friends, my mother...
30 Days of Writing:
DREAM, SENSES, LIGHT, INSPIRING, WHAT-SPEAKS-TO-YOU, HAPPY, FLY, MUSIC, TASTY, SUPPORT, SPECIAL, PLACE, BREAK, TOMORROW, DESTINATION, BRAND, EVENT, NO, LAUGH, FEED, MIND-BLOWING, FABULOUS, COMPARE, EXCLUSIVE, FUZZY, FRIEND, BATTLE, SIGN, GRATITUDE, SMILE
*#an_snapaword




No comments:
Post a Comment