Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today in Sentences

"Today in Sentences"...is what I write when I want to write on the blog, but am too tired to think of one topic, and various things happened today...


I woke up with a headache and general tiredness, treated that with some tylenol, and got to work on packing.

The house has become a mess of boxes that we are somewhat trying to keep organized. Today I took an empty box and randomly picked up items that were lying around and threw them in...so now basically everything that's not going in the van with us is packed up :-)

 All 3 boys are sleeping together in the boy's room now.

And their beds are all in the middle of the room to prevent them from rubbing their feet all over the walls that I just washed today. Man, those boys left a good line of dirt on the walls by their beds!!

Lunch today was at a restaurant with some friends.

And supper today was at another friend's house to celebrate their daughter's 1st birthday.

And unfortunately we had to leave earlier than we would have b/c Carter's ear infection {yup...another one that we discovered this last week!!} was flaring up and bothering him quite a bit.

He's just on his way up to bed now after having let some meds kick in.

The moving company called today and we may be moving on Wednesday instead of Tuesday...but we will find that out Monday morning. So for now we'll pack as though it were going to be Tuesday...

We are looking forward to the 12 hr drive down to Guadalajara just so we can relax and not be running around for a couple of days!

I may change my mind about how much I was looking forward to it once we're 2 hrs into the trip :-)

I think I'm getting melancholy...or sad...or reflective...about leaving Delicias. We truely will miss the friends that we've made here. We are also so thankful that we were sent to Delicias...for the people we've met here but also the church planting experience we've gained. We've learned a lot through this experience, some very helpful things...culture things, church planting things...and the people here have shown us so much grace!! Especially when it comes to cultural learning :-)

And at the same time I look forward to what's to come in Guadalajara. Right now most of it is unknown...we will need to meet a lot of new people...and it's hard sometimes to put my brain into that but I completly trust that when we arrive there God will "put our brains" into the work there! We're excited for what's to come!

Also we're amazed at the peace God has given us. We have not been stressed as we've packed...gotten things ready to move...it has been really wonderful that way.

This has turned into something other than what all happened today :-) so call it "today in sentences and Tara's thoughts in sentences".

Tommorow is our last church service that we'll attend in OrranteƱo...and will say good-bye to the people there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...