I seem to have lost my blog ideas lately...I have no idea what to blog about and it feels a little like I'm writing without really feeling like writing. Even though I wish I had a brain wave of what to write about b/c I do really like writing.
I could write about my reflective mood yesterday and today...yesterday early evening I was feeling kinda down, wishing to be with family even just for a coffee. I don't feel this way very often, wanting to see them of course, I would love to see them all the time but not where it has gotten me feeling that way. And then several things in a row happened to bring me joy and show me that God was here and that that's enough.
Carter saw me sad and gave me several hugs throughout the evening.
Logan saw me sad and brought me his toy cars {which is what he does if he sees Brady sad}
Dallas came home from his Workshop with flowers for me.
Dallas had had a good day and shared the excitment with me.
When we put the boys to bed, Carter asked if we could sing "Santo" {Holy - Agnus Dei}. He learned it at school last year and loves it. Dallas and I didn't know all the words so we brought our laptop up to the bed and listened to it on youtube as Carter sang very sweetly along. {and Logan tried but characteristically sang in his funny deep growly voice while laughing}
A friend from Steinbach that I hadn't talked to in a really long time had a good chat with me.
I am so thankful for God's presence in my life...the hope and peace that He brings cannot be compared with anything else. I am often amazed at the feeling of being able to rest in God's presence even when things may not be going great outwardly. And that comes from a relationship with Him! Not just a "yeah I know who He is" but a "yes I know Him" kind of relationship!
What kind do you have??
I really enjoyed your blog post, Isn't God good in the way He provides what we need in unexpected ways.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm finding that knowing Jesus better and better is a life-long adventure for those who seek Him diligently.
Keep pressing on!
Dad W