Well today Dallas and I spent some time internet window shopping and found pictures of some things we were looking for. And then went to a local man here with a carpintery shop, who John and Connie had previously been to, and asked him to make us some of these things! For a FRACTION of the cost in a store.
We're getting some of these made to use as end tables in our living room...some without drawers and also one for our guestroom. I chose white b/c our couches are really dark brown, our tv stand is dark brown...our floor is quite dark so I don't want everything so dark. and if we put a lamp or something colorful on it it'll not blend into the wall so much. {and I have a crafty idea up my sleeve of stenciling a pattern on the top or using a patterned scrapbook paper on top and covering it with a piece of glass...}
We also were looking for something for our kitchen table. It's somewhat of an island, somewhat of a breakfast nook, but it's where we eat all our meals. So far we've been using fold up chairs but the table is higher than a regular table and lower than an island so regular chairs or toooo low even for adults. So we're going to get some of these stools made...higher for the boys and lower for Dallas and I :-)
and then a bookshelf. Also white and then I'd like to paint the back of it like in this picture, but we're thinking a bright blue of some sort. We'll see once we get it into the office.
I know the items won't necessarily look exactly like the pictures but I'll let you know when we get them :-) It's so great having a carpenter close at hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment