It feels like I'm in some sort of transition time between summer and fall, in my head...except that fall isn't really a marked season here. We're still in rainy season, which started back in June, and I love rainy season! I like rain, but maybe I like rainy season b/c its actually a marked change in the weather here :-) the weather is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it only varies like 20 degrees in the whole year.
But anyways, summer was really, really good and now it's time to think about activities for the next few months and what to get involved in and where to focus our time and energies. Much is a continuation of what we've been doing in the summer but now that school is on and people are back from holidays and settling into routines, weekly activities do change.
| {some pictures from the past week....Brady and Nolan in our dog's kennel} |
- fondant making party at a neighbours this week! They want to learn how to make fondant so Faith and I will attempt to teach them :-) and then the next day is the birthday party.
- we will be having our first baptism here in Guadalajara!!! 4 people that we have been studying the Bible with for some months now are going to be baptised later this month.
- getting to know school parents...through school meetings, get togethers as women at breakfast, get togethers as families after school or on weekends...we like to know who the parents of our kid's friends are and we also have found great friendships through the school and people that are searching for God
- Dallas and I will be going to a cabin for a couple nights next week to celebrate our 10th anniversary :-)
- Bible studies...we continue with those on Friday evenings and also Dallas is studying one night a week with another man
- praying and thinking and acting...praying about beginning Kids Games again next month and starting to connect more with the adolecent age group here in our neighbourhood
- I'm sure Dallas will be doing mountain biking or running this month...
| Brady in our backyard yesterday...2 years old |
| ...which reminded me of this picture of Brady at 1 1/2 years old back in Feb...you can tell he has grown! |
Our mornings are so strange right now, with 2 kids gone at school and Brady only waking up at 9 am. The kids leave for school at 7:45 so I have time for devotions, coffee, internet checking...all before Brady is up. I am not complaining :-) it is rather nice.
Although I do miss Carter and logan during the day and think about them all morning! I'm sure that will change as them being gone at school gets to be more normal. Yesterday I had a parents meeting at the school and walked in and saw Logan running and laughing in the soccer field during gym class and that was SO NICE to see!! He has been loving it but seeing it for yourself is awesome. Carter was having recess then and all the kids were just playing and running around. Great school.
I will leave you with just a couple more pictures from yesterday....
| silly faces |
| 'nother silly face...and Dallas in the background researching types of cajons b/c he wants to make one :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment