So as mentioned in the previous post, Dallas and I did go for our laser eye surgery consultations. We went in the morning so Brady got to tag along with us while the other 2 were in school. Deja vu...to when we only had Carter as a baby.
Anyways, while we waited for our appointment we had a nice little chat with an older man from Spain and an older woman from Guadalajara who highly recommended this surgeon to us. They had surgery with him as well as their children...so that was nice to hear as we waited...
They tested our eyes first. My right eye has always been 20/20 and it still is, no work needed on that one. My left eye on the other hand, is a whole 'nother story!! I could read nothing with it...even when the letters were 6 inches tall I was making them up.
Dallas has one eye worse than the other but in general his aren't very bad. He wanted the laser surgery though b/c he likes to wear glasses for driving at night and things like that and it would make it easier.
Well then we were sent for some eye exams and scans and they came back saying we both had a problem area in one eye. So then we were sent down to the lab for another type of exam, which is more detailed.
He ended up advising Dallas not to have the surgery, since his one eye has a problem bump behind the cornea and the risk was too high for the benefit it might give. So...Dallas will continue to wear his glasses as he feels he needs to see better.
My problem spot ended up being ok so I am having the surgery on one eye!! Funny because Dallas was the one who pushed us to go check it out and now I'm the one doing it. I have needed glasses for years but I don't like wearing them and my eye really is bad...it gives me headaches and I have to squint in order to focus on some things etc etc so I'm excited to see the difference this will make.
The surgeon described the surgery to me....oh my I was feeling sick just hearing them talking about touching my eye and what they're going to do to it and having to have my eye propped open for 5-10 minutes and having to be so careful afterwards that you don't rub it and whatnot.
So if you've had it done...reassure me :-)
2 more weeks...then I'm under the laser.
and if you want to save some big bucks...come on down to Mexico for your lasik!! We're going to a highly reviewed and certified hospital so am trusting it is all it says it is :-) I don't want my eyes messed with. The procedure is the same though as others in Canada have had done.
Defintiely let us know how it goes. Jared's been talking about getting it done for a while.
ReplyDeleteok I'm not one that you want to ask about lasik - I've had 3 surgeries in one eye and one in the other. Now I'm back to wearing glasses - I'll say no more as there's been alot of people I know that it's turned out great. After surgery I thought I could wear contacts if there was a problem but you can't. Didn't know that until I needed glasses which was only 2 years after.
ReplyDeleteShirley