Tuesday, September 11, 2012

laser day 1

I'm sitting here wearing some sunglasses with a dark piece of paper taped over the left hand side :-)

The surgeon said not to sit too much in front of the tv or computer today but Dallas is gone at a meeting tonight and I have a show I want to watch so....I figured blocking off the eye that had surgery is the same as it not watching. right?!

Back to the surgery...

Dallas and I got to the hospital around 9:45 am, filled out some papers, and then he waited in the waiting room while I went up to the surgery area. I had to put on these lovely pj pants, a tie around shirt, some tie on paper booties, and a shower cap. Then I was brought to a very very cushy lazy boy chair and given a warm blanket. I thought this was rather funny in an operating area...but it really was coooooold in there. Lot of air on.

My eyes were wiped down and then I was taken into the surgery room! They laid me down on this table with my head in a little indent, covered my face with this covering so only my left eye was exposed and went to work. I had to lay really still and stare at a green light above me and honestly...I get claustrophobic and I was not liking it too much. I tend to make myself lightheaded so I was concentrating on breathing properly {being in labour comes in handy in times like this! haha}.

Anyway, the whole thing only took 5-10 minutes and then I was done! They taped a clear platic shield over my eye and sent me home. Tomorrow I go back in for a check-up. The plastic shield is to prevent dust from getting in and to prevent you from rubbing your eye, but I changed that out for some larger sunglasses that prevent me from rubbing my eye. More comfortable.

I got home and slept almost 5 hours. My eye was feeling irritated, now it's mostly just feeling dried out but every hour I have to put in drops and every 4 hours another type of drops...for the next 2 months I'll be on drops.

I think that about sums it up! I'm glad it's over...I think I'm glad I did it...hard to say, right now the vision in that eye is still pretty blurry but they say it takes some time to clear itself up, I've heard 3 days, I've heard 2 weeks...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...