I am so excited!!! I had a check-up this morning and he did some tests on my eye and I now have 20/20 vision in my left eye!! I've always had perfect eyesight in my right eye and now the left....it is amazing :-) The surgeon did a super job.
Things are still blurry in that eye today but it's hard to tell with both eyes open as my right eye has always compensated for the left. But even using both eyes I can tell the difference, mostly in that i feel like my eyes are trying to adjust to the extra clarity. Like that feeling you get when you put your glasses on after not having worn them for a while. I'm told over the days or weeks that some of the blurriness will clear up.
Also though the surgeon said that since my brain has gone so many years seeing a blurry image from my left eye, it will likely continue to be slightly blurry in that eye since the brain has to also adjust to your new vision.
But at the eye check-up I could read tiny, tiny letters with my left eye, and before the surgery, I could not even read letters that were 6 inches high!
Now I have to be careful for the next several weeks that I don't rub my eye as it heals...which also means no eye make-up for a couple weeks...I need to wear an eye shield for a few nights to prevent me from rubbing it in my sleep...I have 3 kinds of eye drops to use, some for the next week, one for the next 2 months. In general my eye feels itchy right now, as if there is something in there, but not that it hurts so that is great. The eye drops help a ton.
No comments:
Post a Comment