Dallas and LeRoy flew up there early this morning for the funeral, and my mind has been up north there with them all day! We knew her fairly well and she was just a wonderful woman and together with her husband, leaders in the church conference that we worked with there. It makes it hard to concentrate on other things.
This afternoon I knew I had to make 2 birthday cakes though, and I wasn't looking forward to it after this news and Dallas being gone. Tomorrow we had already arranged to have both Carter and Logan's birthday parties at school. Their birthdays are on Dec.22 and Jan.2 but those are both during Christmas holidays so we are doing it early with their friends (most kids do parties at school during lunchtime). But I started this afternoon, and the boy's excitement for it was contagious, and I really enjoyed it!
I felt peace in this house today...God's peace. My mind and heart in 2 places but still here with the boys, enjoying the day with them and being thankful for their lives. I normally really do not like baking with the boys...I do it sometimes but I often end up exasperated at how messy the kitchen gets and how many times the boys stick their fingers into the food etc etc
Today they helped a lot though and each knew specifically what they wanted their cake to look like (based on pinterest pictures, mommy's head, and their own very clear ideas) so that was fun. And Brady wandered around all afternoon throwing his hands into the air and yelling out "Angry BIRDS!" like an announcement of some sort.
I'll leave you here with the results...
(see our team blog for another post on the passing of Chepina)
| Logan wanted to use his Angry Bird toys since he is in love with them |
No comments:
Post a Comment