Friday, March 22, 2013

Confession Friday

Time for a confession Friday again!

So, I have to admit that I am quite antsy for our furlough to begin! It's hard to describe, as we love life here, it feels so normal and right to be living here . And then at the same time, I so want to hang out with those of you in Canada again!
It's a good antsy:)

I feel so, so blessed to not have that homesick feeling very often . That doesn't mean I don't love family, but that even though I love them so much and would LOVE to see them much more often, God has given us a contentment with being where we are, and I really am so thankful for that.

I find it the hardest right after we have family here to visit... but even that has changed a Iot as I've learned that I will feel that way and how to deal with those (better) . I really don't want to live hating where I am or wishing I was elsewhere (did enough of that in the past and I'm sure it'll come again) but I know God has taught me through other times that living with joy where I am is much more relaxing than not.
Not that your never have the feelings of wanting to be elsewhere. Or of missing family, Or friends, just that God gives strength when those feelings come and honestly this is where if feels normal that our life should be.

maybe I'm trying to make sure you all know that even though I'm antsy for our furlough to begin, it's not at all because of life here . Enough explaining:)

So, back to the confession!

So happy to be hopping on that airplane in 50 days for a visit! We have a ton of things we hope to do while there, and a number of churches lined up to share in, something we enjoy actually doing too. ' Ill share our list another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...