Saturday, March 23, 2013

Birthday List {31} - Sappy Scrapbook ~ and some songs and poems from our wedding day!!

Afternoon in the sun with the scrapbook and some terere...
This afternoon I completed one more thing off my Birthday List {31}, and it was a fun one to do! I worked on it a few other days before this and finished it up today.

What I was doing was pasting and organizing all of the tons of notes and letters and cards and ticket stubs etc etc from 2000-now into a notebook....the things that Dallas and I wrote to each other since we started dating. Till now they were all thrown into a box. I love how it turned out! I am realizing I like the less formal look of this type of scrapbook and I plan to make another one with all the cards and drawings the boys have made us for birthdays and all that, and have it something you can continue to add to.

It was a lot of fun for me to do b/c it was a riot reading everything we had written to each other, and also was a good reminder about the things we have always liked about each other and how our relationship has changed and grown over the years.

Well, as I was going through this stuff, I came across some wedding keepsakes and had to laugh. Thought I'd share some with you :-) Here's a song that my brothers, Travis and Jared, sang at our wedding, as though they were Dallas. They were the MC's and the song was to the tune of the Arrogant Worms song - Me like hockey.
Aug.2.2002....Jared and Trav
Please Kenny Zac, let me marry her...
Marry her, marry her, marry her, marry her, marry her,

Me like Tara, Me like Tara
She work hard 5 days a week, comes home gives me food to eat
Me like Tara, Me like Tara
Me like Tara she so small, she make me look really tall
Me like Tara, Me like Tara
She let dog lick her plate, Me think that is really great
Me like Tara, Me like Tara
Me play golf in underwear, all the rest they end up bare. Ha Ha.
Me like Tara, Me like Tara
Me sing Tara Spanish song, me think this song way too long
Me like Tara, Me like Tara
Me like Tara, ME LIKE TARA.

Those brothers of mine...best mc's ever eh :)

And then there was this poem that Dallas' Grandpa Wiebe shared at our wedding! He is so good at writing and we still get letters in the mail from him all the way out here in Mexico and we love reading them.

Here's the poem...

How imporant is a day? Or are they all the same?
For wedding bells to ring I'd say, to make it special is their aim.
I'm referring to this happy pair who promised to be true;
Despite the challenges out there when skies are grey or blue.
Now Dallas was the cutest child when he came on the scene.
His many photos we have filed, to prove just what I mean.
His brothers two then came along, now there was more to do;
To play with toys or sing a song, their varied interests grew.
It wasn't always rosy though. At times their wills they clashed.
Surely the oldest is in the know, and then some hopes were dashed.
Well, Grandma, Grandpa lived nearby, and much we shared together.
The questions as to "How" or "Why", and Who makes all the weather.
Our babysitting skills we honed, our country home the venue.
When their mom or dad had phoned then treats were on the menu.
Schools days started, bus rides too; the goals is education.
But what with chores, homework too, there's call for a vacation.
To Brandon's Curran Park we'd go, with camping gear and such;
The sportsplex swimming pool they know, 'twill please them very much.
Now Dallas is quite daring; there's a challenge from his dad.
For us who are all-caring, all we can see is red.
The highest diving board his mark; the steepest hill to ski;
So pay attention where you park, he clearly does not envy me.
Dallas went a -biking upon this cliff so weird,
Where most would not go hiking his folks the worst they feared.
His bucking bike had just enough; it threw him for a loop.
The landing was so very tough, his mind was like some soup.
Dallas is not afraid of work, and he's had his talents tested.
When planting tress, no time to shirk; he tried it while it lasted.
While on the farm he worked the fields, is that what prompted higher yields?
He dug the trenches for the pipe, and filled them in when the time was ripe.
Then on to college Dallas went to equip him for his life.
Was learning then his only bend, or a potential for a wife?
A mission team they headed north, and so the Word of God went forth.
Then to Belize, a warmer spot, the friendly children, they'll forget them not.
And what's in store for future days? The Lord leads in mysterious ways.
How or where it came to pass, this I have yet to know.
Dallas meets this lovely lass and a friendships starts to grow.
Tara's initials are T.Z. - Is this coincidence or what?
She holds her own quite easily, and is not put on the spot.
Now, Taralin, I understand, you have missions on your mind
That noble aim deserves a hand a goal that's good and kind.
Our prayers, good wishes, go with you. You are meant for each other.
Only to your God be true, He is closer than a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...