I have got to say that I just enjoy waking up every Thursday morning knowing that I get to hang out with some certain ladies!
It's a group of missionary ladies, me being almost the youngest, and the oldest over 60, but we get together once a week to study the Bible together, discuss what we learned and thought about during the week in our devo's, and pray for each other. Right now we're going through the Beth Moore study on David...and it's been a great study for me personally.
It's interesting because I really don't see these particular ladies other than this one morning (other than those in my missionary team and the occasional other time) but you know how it is with certain ladies and ladies Bible study groups, you can just share and pray together even though you're not in each other's lives 100% of the time.
and the laughs :-)
So this is one group I am thankful for. I really am thankful for all the lady groups I'm a part of...it sounds like a club but it kind of is :-) I don't know how women groups are in other countries...but here it seems that if you're in a group, you're IN a group. Which is good and bad. Good b/c you know you're accepted and have an in. Bad b/c some women tend to be cliq-y and don't want others to come in and I have seen several women hurt b/c of this. And then I want to be the one to include others into the friendship circle and that is not always appreciated, so then I just form another friendship group with the new ones that weren't included :-) and continue to get together with each group. Hey, they all need some of God's love in their lives! But it is tough sometimes when there's this whole exclusion thing going on among friends. Something to pray about.
But I continue to be thankful for these different groups....for the encouragement I receive from many of them and for the opportunity to encourage others so that they will see God!
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16
No comments:
Post a Comment