Saturday, November 9, 2013

must you come out??

These boys of mine have come out of their respective nap time rooms no less than 10 times all together!! They were up until midnight last night and then woke me up at 7:30 this morning....this is a short night for them since they usually are in bed by 9. Except every Friday night when we have Bible study here, but then they usually have a nap on Saturday.

So anyways, Dallas was away biking till now and I put the boys to bed around noon....and they proceeded to have to sit on the can for a while (each one of them...in turns...meaning 3 times running up the stairs to say go back to bed), ask me about 3 times if they can get up yet (after being in bed for less than 1/2 hr), telling me it's too bright in their room, too dark in their room, it's too cold....

Meanwhile I decided to lay down on the couch to catch up on some sleep, knowing it was probably useless...to be interrupted by the boys several times and then by a neighbour kids crying since there are about 6 houses within 10 feet of our house, and then gave up and did some computer work.

Thankfully Logan and Brady did go to sleep after that first hour! we are out again tonight which is why I insisted on them sleeping, for those that think "why doesn't she just let them get up!!"

Needless to say, although I'm sure you've gathered already, I was a tad frustrated with them.

BUT there was some fun moments of the day regardless!

- making cookies with Carter and both eating tons of dough
- watching the Masterchef Junior finale with the boys
- drinking 3 cups of coffee
- doing my daily study for the Beth Moore study - talked today about our thought life and therefore I am reminded to attempt to alllow God to fill my mind with the positives of the day - I do think we do need to "allow" God in b/c so often we can shove him out of our thoughts with everything else we think is important
- getting up at 7:30 am instead of 6:45 am like usual :-)
- doing some computer work prep for our missionary team retreat coming up in 2 weeks!! So excited for the retreat.
- lots of hugs from boys in pj's and in their gitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...