First of all though, Dallas. The boys and I are so, so blessed to have him in our lives. I know I don't say it enough and get too caught up in everyday life, but I am so incredibly thankful for Dallas...and the husband and dad he is! He has such love for the people here, life here, and the things God asks him to do, and he also takes the time to be with us as a family. He is always up for time with me or time with the boys, and the boys daily get a wrestle in with him. Which is a good thing for them ;)
So on the weekend like I said we had some friends over one evening, some from our Bible study group and some other friends that we connect with regularly.
This is an awful picture but I need to tell you about the birthday tradition here in Guadalajara. Everyone gathers around to sing "Las Mañanitas"...the birthday song. When it's over, everyone chants "mordida, mordida", which means "bite". The birthday person is supposed to take a small bite of the cake and usually someone is behind ready to smash their face into the cake.
So here we are, Carter and I, ready to smash him!
That was the first cake, and the second cake we had together with our cell group on Sunday morning.
The next day some friends invited us out to a waterpark. They had an underwater camera so we had some fun with it.
All 3 of our boys love going underwater and I'm amazed how long they can hold their breath! No worries...it's not really that long...about 5-7 seconds but we are impressed :-)
Here they are about to take a deep breath...
and the underwater view.
Carter and Logan have been practising their rollerblading throughout the year which seems to help them with skating. Although I don't think they will become big pros by going once a year, they had a blast.
Well, that sums up the weekend in terms of celebrations!
Birthdays always seem to be great times to connect with more people and deepen relationships that are starting. We also went to another party on Sunday, a friend of Carter's. We always try to go to those kinds of things when we're invited, as it's a good way to get to know people better...we barely knew this family but were at their house and we look forward to getting to know them more. We didn't know anyone at the party but well, that's the way any friendship and connection starts!
That doesn't mean that it has been perfect, not at all, we've had our share of struggles, but through it all He has been our strength. And has given us amazing things to be thankful for because of those struggles, and also just amazing things that we can't help but be thankful for! Like Carter, Logan, and Brady....all SUCH joys, amazing. And a good marriage, good friends, awesome family, great memories of our times together, and the continued promise of His presence and faithfulness in our lives.
Here's to another year together...
looking forward to the memories of the year that's coming up!



No comments:
Post a Comment