Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Reaching for the Stars


I find that there has to be a balance between reaching for the stars, doing your best, always striving, always being intentional, etc etc whatever other word you want to put in there that describes that part of you that feels the responsibility and the great desire to accomplish and be purposeful...

...and resting. Internally. On the inside where others don't always see what goes on, but that actually has a big impact on the outside that people do see.

When we rest internally, a peace comes out of us that influences people and largely affects how we go about doing that first part of the equation.

I personally tend to go go go, in action but also in my mind, finding it difficult to ever let it rest and just "be", but I yearn and love those times when I am able to rest internally as I "do". I desire that to be a more constant state of being so that my doing and my being are not separated. That they rather co-exist.

This comic made me smile just now :) Resting in God's love and being content with Him is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...