I'm sitting right now at Starbucks...drinking a Mocha and working on the laptop. We went to change our address with our immigration papers today (FM3) and there are some online forms we need to fill out. So since we want to go back and bring them in tommorow...but our internet is cut out today (and in the houses around us) I came for coffee!
and I've gotta say...
I'm done filling out the forms but I don't want to go home yet :-) It's so strange to be alone...well surrounded by people sitting at every table in here and people standing around...but still alone and I'm enjoying it. But home I shall go to my freshly bathed boys who were covered in dirt from playing out in our backyard while we dug up our plant garden area. Mostly Brady was dirty...he enjoys trying to eat dirt.
oh Brady is so cute lately. He waves a lot, he likes to wave at people in the park when we walk by them, he nods his head as if to say "yes" when I ask if he wants more food, he says "hi"...he's getting expressive and communicative.
I thought I should update on how we're doing, feeling...all that.
Sometimes it feels as though we don't know anyone here and it feels like when we first moved to Mexico 2 yrs ago...starting over in a new city with new people.
But here we do know John and Connie are are so thankful for the connection with the MB church that we have here. Yesterday the pastor couple invited us over, they are a younger couple with 2 boys, ages 5 and 2 and our boys love playing with them. AND they were in Paraguay for 5 years studying at a Bible school there. So we had a big Paraguayan meal and visited with terere...it was nice having a connection point like that right aways.
I'm a bit of an organized, structured person, and sometimes our lack of a "fixed" job makes me feel like I should start planning something. A large part of our work right now in the beginning (since we are working on a brand new church plant, our conference/mission has never worked in Guadalajara before and the goal is to begin a new church plant/s)..
a large part of our work is getting to know the area, and getting to know people. We are trying to get to know our neighbours and the way we're doing that is walking around our streets, going to the little park by our house...it's slow going since people arn't out a lot but we have talked a few times with one neighbour, Dallas and John made a connection with someone else on our street who is into mountain biking on Saturdays and they may be ablet to join up with him, and other neighbours we have a waving relationship with :-)
Also we go to the big park a few blocks from us that is always full of people...it gets us seen in the community and we see who we'll meet. I said in yesterday's post I also met a lady at Costco and we went for coffee...so connections can often be random!
Pray with us that we will meet more people!
overall though we are doing really well, we are loving this city, it's so beautiful and people are friendly, we miss our friends in Delicias but God has given us such a peace with our life here and somehow we are able to miss our friends there (and Canada, US, Paraguay, Singapore....too!!) but also live in the moment here. That is such a feeling of peace and I think comes with the acceptance of knowing that this is God's will for us right now.
OH YES, I was going to head home!! :D ok.....here I go. Until next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment