Carter got off to school, and then Logan insisted on a cozy sweater with a "hat" aka...a hoodie. It was such a nice cozy indoors kind of day.
Dallas was gone all morning, so Logan, Brady, and I spent time researching crock pot recipes :-) I was looking for one for a while and finally bought one yesterday so I feel like a real certified wife now.
But have no idea what to cook in that thing. Most of the recipes I found online needed all kinds of ingredients that I don't have on hand, but will have to do some shopping{Recipe ideas anyone??}.
Once Dallas was back we worked on some Kleefeld youth group prep! In March our church youth from back home are coming and we have a lot of fun planning for it!
| I admit this pic isn't from today...Brady is just so cute, his little body walking all over the place now. |
And then Kids Games prep.
Mondays are our days off :-) except not today as there were things we had to do b/c of timelines...when your work is enjoyable though it doesn't feel as much like work. Some days things feel more like a "chore" that you have to do {as with any work right??}, and other things are simply easy to do b/c they're enjoyable.
Monday is Family Fun Night! Tonights agenda was: turning on our propane heater for the first time this winter {as it has not been cold enough for a heater this winter} and roasting marshmallows in front of it :-) Like a mini electric fire place in a way. No graham wafers to be found but chocolate chip cookies are a great substitution.
Made Cheddar Broccoli soup for lunch. Too salty.
Made Carmalita bars this evening. Perfect.
Doing the Love Dare. Anyone ever done it?? We did it last year with a Bible study group so thought we'd do it on our own this year. It's fun being reminded every day to do certain things for your spouse. And a good reminder to think about each other throughout the busyness of a day.
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-tex-mex-chicken-107258.aspx
ReplyDeleteor just google Slow Cooker tex mex chicken. Carlos and I make this all the time. It's good rolled in a tortilla or on rice.