Friday, September 21, 2012

Carter's 2nd camping trip

Carter's school just announced that they are planning a mini-camping trip for his grade for October - one night sleeping in a tent with a campfire and activities during the day. How fun! They'll just be camping out in the school soccer field but for their age it's perfect as they're familiar with the place.
 
And will be away from their mommy's :-) some parents are concerned their kids won't want to go b/c of it... Carter told me yesterday that he didn't want to go because we wouldn't be there but....Dallas and I both like camping so we are just going to kind of "encourage" him to go.
 
Even though I did already sign him up this morning since there are limited spots.
 
He will do it though, no worries {I don't think}. He's the type to be iffy about a new thing at first but once he warms up to the idea is all for it. So he has another month before the camping to warm up to it!
 
and his teacher is one of the adults helping at the camp and he is in love with his teacher so that will help him feel at ease also. And some of his friends are going.
 
well anyway, the last time Carter went camping was when he was 7 months old! I that is also the last time we went! 5 years ago....wow...that is long, we used to go at least a couple times every summer. Since we moved away from Canada though it hasn't happened.
 
Here is Carter at 7 months! back in 2007.
 

I was mega worried about him actually sleeping in a tent since at the time I was majorly ridiculous about thinking that his room had to be pitch black in order for him to sleep all night long. He did sleep all night long but I did have him in the habit of needing it totally black.

{which I purposely did not train Logan and Brady to need! it was a little ridiculous and I wanted them to be able to sleep even with a little sunlight coming in their window - and Carter can now too}

anyway

At 7 months I ended up taking along the farm mobile, a mat where babies lay on with toys hanging down, and covered it with a blanket! So he had this mini tent inside our tent :-) It really was ingenious as he slept the whole night in the tent. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...